is that john green
Calvin and Hobbes: the college years
Y’know, I scrolled past this and thought to myself, “yeah, this is pretty cute, but I’m not gonna reblog it.”
Until I saw that last gif.
I think I might be in love with the person who runs Taco Bell’s twitter account.
Things people don’t get to choose:
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Identity
- Mental Illnesses
Things people do get to choose
- To be an ignorant bitch-faced asshole to people because of things they have no control over
When I got Robin Williams’ rider, I was very surprised by what I found. He actually had a requirement that for every single event or film he did, the company hiring him also had to hire a certain number of homeless people and put them to work. I never watched a Robin Williams movie the same way after that. I’m sure that on his own time and with his own money, he was working with these people in need, but he’d also decided to use his clout as an entertainer to make sure that production companies and event planners also learned the value of giving people a chance to work their way back. I wonder how many production companies continued the practice into their next non-Robin Williams project, as well as how many people got a chance at a job and the pride of earning an income, even temporarily, from his actions. He was a great multiplier of his impact. Let’s hope that impact lives on without him. Thanks, Robin Williams- not just for laughs, but also for a cool example.
Aug. 27 1:35 pm
- Mike Brown’s mom laid flowers where he was shot and police let a dog pee on the memorial site
- “Stand Up Against Racism" demonstration outside US Embassy in London
- Police claim to have no records of arrests of journalists
- Illinois school bans discussions of Mike Brown’s death
- Gov. Nixon introduces new Public Safety Director
- Push for police to wear body cameras continues
- Jon Stewart on Ferguson
plot twist: humanity learns from its history